[nycphp-talk] MongoDB and others, convince me. :-)

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 10:41:29 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 11:53 PM, Konstantin K <kkrutoi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Funny, but some (valid? fair? not sure) points about NoSQL databases:
>
> http://highscalability.com/blog/2009/11/25/brian-akers-hilarious-nosql-stand-up-routine.html
> accompanying slides: http://www.slideshare.net/brianaker/no-sql-talk

He's trying to be funny, at the expense of being less than 20%
accurate. In all fairness the term noSQL is generic enough to no
longer be about specific features, as something like Project Voldemort
has a totally different featureset and target than MongoDB, which in
turn is not trying to solve the exact same problems as CouchDB or
hBase. I'd try to avoid sweeping generalizations about noSQL, but I
think he was just trying to be funny and not misinform.

-- Mitch