[nycphp-talk] cheapest and best way to server 1TB worth of data per month

David Roth davidalanroth at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 17:12:17 EST 2009

Considering you are talking about half a million page views a month
and you want it to be fast, I wouldn't consider the shared hosting
options. I say this from experience of using shared hosting services
where performance can take a hit from other heavy users on the same
box. I think I'd explore the dedicated server options.

Do you expect to have steady traffic on the web site, or spikes? With
spikes it might be better to use AWS S3, if it's cost effective and it
can ramp up quickly enough to handle the increase in traffic.

Hope this helps!

David Roth