[nycphp-talk] cheapest and best way to server 1TB worth of data per month

Edward Potter edwardpotter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 16:31:44 EST 2009

i think the advantage of S3 is now you have to learn S3. That knowledge
could be worth millions to your down the road. Think big! I have seen some
cloud/iphone integrated code, just about zero wait times to deliver some
heavy graphics manipulations over the network.

 I was pretty amazed at the speeds.

(PS Godaddy will probably be fine) :-)

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Konstantin K <kkrutoi at gmail.com> wrote:

> looks like godaddy has unlimited plan for $15/month! or 1.5TB/month for
> $7/month
>
> any comments on this?
>

> On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Konstantin K <kkrutoi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> I need some expert advice.
>>
>> Let's say I have about 2MB of static data (images, css, js) and I need
>> to serve about 1TB worth of it per month to users who visit this site.
>>  I know that means at least 500,000 page views per month (not
>> considering browsers caching images, etc).
>>
>> What's the cheapest (but still fast) way to serve 1TB worth of static
>> data  per month?
>> A) AWS S3
>>      I think this comes out to about $180/month.
>> B) dedicated server
>>      With nginx or lighttpd
>>
>> C) shared hosting
>>      godaddy?