[nycphp-talk] Recycling of ini files

Peter Sawczynec ps at blu-studio.com
Mon Feb 16 09:26:26 EST 2009

Additionally, I've seen and made conf and ini files with all the line
spacing and comments stripped out and that also makes for a nice short
and pithy file. (You can keep a copy of a default ini laying around in
case you need a reference.)

> To simplify tracking and maintenance, in major systems I've worked on,

> the configuration files only contained a few lines.  Those lines
adjusted
> the settings that we didn't like the default values built in to PHP,
> MySQL or Apache.

But, I just want to clarify here, Dan. So you are saying you can delete
every entry in the Apache conf and MySQL, PHP ini and the products will
work correctly on their own using all default settings that are actually
pre-programmed into the product and get applied with or without the
config files.

And you are saying you need only keep your changed settings in the conf
and ini files?

Do I get that correctly?

Warmest regards,

Peter Sawczynec