[nycphp-talk] Parse HTML Files as PHP

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Sun Feb 22 08:44:03 EST 2009

At 11:15 PM -0500 2/21/09, Ajai Khattri wrote:
>On Fri, 20 Feb 2009, Peter Sawczynec wrote:
>
>>  Anyone have any comment on this strategy pro or con?
>
>Not good for performance or scalability. A PHP framework with routing
>should allow you use URLs with .html at the end without resorting to
>changing Apache's behavior.
>--
>Aj.

Now that I think about it, Apache's behavior at default is to
consider embedded php -- so I'm not sure why one would want to add a
directive to parse html files as php.

Furthermore, if you don't wrap your html code in a heredoc wrapper,
the html code will cause the script to crash.

So maybe we need to investigate this a bit further -- why do you want
to do this Peter?

Cheers,

tedd
--