[nycphp-talk] Parse HTML Files as PHP

Peter Sawczynec ps at blu-studio.com
Sun Feb 22 13:20:20 EST 2009

Okay, well thank you to all for the insightful responses so far.

So this probably is an SEO issue. In that I am looking at a niche all
HTML site
that has been up for awhile and has gained decent google relevancy in
search results.

I am concerned that changing all the page names from
"topic_specific_file_name.html" to
"topic_specific_file_name.php" might make all the pages appear as all
new pages to
google and re-set the search results standing for the entire site.

So I was considering the *.html parsed thru PHP technique to get PHP
into all the pages.

And in a dark personal corner I did like a little the modicum of
security through obscurity that
this technique might gain.

So now if anyone with some SEO/search background can weigh in on the
page name change issue
that would be great.

Warmest regards,

Peter Sawczynec