[nycphp-talk] State Of The PHP Economy 2009

Kenneth Downs ken at secdat.com
Wed Jan 14 08:02:59 EST 2009

Brian Dailey wrote:

> How has the economic apocalypse left the PHP world?

I'm not sure about PHP in particular, but in general we can expect IT
departments to be trying to do more with less.  Same story as usual but
with a serious edge to it now.

This has created opportunities for me and my company.  Since our core
product reduces staff requirements, we are getting interest that was
harder to get before.  In good times it is harder to break in as a
newcomer and start-up, or so we found.  In bad times people are much
more willing to spend some time examining alternatives.  Oddly enough,
we are seeing people become less risk-adverse in the hopes of finding
new ways to do things.

I'm seeing the entire thing as a huge opportunity.

--
Kenneth Downs
Secure Data Software, Inc.