[nycphp-talk] spreading php out

Paul A Houle paul at devonianfarm.com
Mon Jan 26 09:56:57 EST 2009

Jesse Callaway wrote:
> I was about to install php on a G4 I have and thought I should maybe
> go lightweight with it. Really I'm sure it can handle Apache 2 just
> fine, since it's just for development... but why not make it fun?

    Personally I avoid off-brand web servers.  Many of them have
correctness problems that cause,  say,  1 in 100 large file downloads to
be corrupted.

    I've tried a number of "lightweight web servers" including
"lighthttpd" and,  so far,  I've always had problems when they're used
in production systems.