[nycphp-talk] spreading php out

Jesse Callaway bonsaime at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 10:40:17 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Paul A Houle <paul at devonianfarm.com> wrote:
> Jesse Callaway wrote:
>>
>> I was about to install php on a G4 I have and thought I should maybe
>> go lightweight with it. Really I'm sure it can handle Apache 2 just
>> fine, since it's just for development... but why not make it fun?
>>

>   Personally I avoid off-brand web servers.  Many of them have correctness
> problems that cause,  say,  1 in 100 large file downloads to be corrupted.
>
>   I've tried a number of "lightweight web servers" including "lighthttpd"
> and,  so far,  I've always had problems when they're used in production
> systems.

Hey all,

This is more of a fastcgi/php  question. If anyone has experience
working like this it would be interesting to hear. I don't really
care. I should probably go bug the fastcgi people about this.... It's
nice to hear what people have to say about webservers, but it's this
concept of having just fastcgi running in some sort of a farm that's
interesting me. Lighty, apache, iis.... not really the issue for me.
Things like - "This kills APC due to weird cache misses" are what I'm
looking to hear if anyone has experience on it.

-jesse