[nycphp-talk] NYPHP Tech

David Mintz vtbludgeon at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 12:35:38 EDT 2009

2009/5/27 Joey Derrico <JoeyD473 at nyc.rr.com>

>  Sounds ok with me
>
> Joey
>
> Peter Sawczynec wrote:
>
>  Good Day All:
>

> Would anyone support a new SIG called maybe "NYPHP Tech" or "NYPHP
> Techcetera".
>

> In this SIG we could all post w/o guilt all our tech and tech-related
> questions, things such as:
>
> 1) best laptop
>
> 2) best linux distro
>
> 3) best google map mashup
>
> 4) best wireless hotspot provider
>
> 5) best computer store online
>
> 6) most tech friendly airline
>
> 7) best hi-energy drink for computer work
>
> 8) SEO questions
>
> 9) best city for tech jobs
>
> 10) best smart phone(s)
>
> 11) best…
>

> I personally would love this. Because I really respect the people on this
> list and I know
>
> they know technology real well not just PHP.
>

> What do you think?

Great idea.

I've been thinking  (following our long thread about Verizon FIOS,
technology etc.) that we could use a OffTopic-Sig for the same reason, i.e.,
there's a lot of stuff that isn't On Topic that one enjoys discussing with
these list-people.

--
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

The subtle source is clear and bright
The tributary streams flow through the darkness