[nycphp-talk] Periodic Browsercam.com group availability

Peter Sawczynec ps at blu-studio.com
Thu Jun 4 09:25:13 EDT 2009

You know, I'm not even on the frontend list. I missed that.

CSS/PHP MENU

This URL: http://www.giba.us

...is a simple but elegant PHP website I designed and built that has an
example of a very simple CSS one-level menu that also uses PHP to grab
the page name out of the URL request and changes the CSS class on that
matching menu item from "regular" to "hot". The web pages are named
literally: webcams.php or tolls.php to match the CSS menu titles and CSS
style names too.

JQUERY

This URL: http://www.capehazeinsider.com

...is also a bigger busier PHP website that I designed and built and
this site uses jquery on literally every page for: image effects,
show/hide/glide divs, manage external links, create popup overlays, page
scrolling, tabbed content...

I highly recommend the jquery code products which are just awesome and
have super high degree of "cross browser" compatibility.

I even hauled out the jquery big guns to create one single show/hide div
effect in the Tolls section of the above noted GIBA website.

I have two websites in development now that will use jquery for quite
nice image effects and content scrolling.

___________________________

I don’t believe that I am using any browser specific code just generic
things like: border-left, padding-bottom, margin, width and z-index. But
you know I do use some more rare CSS like: line-height, letter-spacing
and white-space; and well they work quite accurately in so many browsers
that I use them all the time.

There are so many high quality CSS multi-level menus already online that
are made from nothing but nested ordered lists and styled with some
tasty but very generic CSS. You can start at www.alistapart.com

Warmest regards,

Peter Sawczynec
Technology Dir.