[nycphp-talk] Bypassing Registration forms on vBulletin forums ... I guess other forums are having similar problem too?

Ben Sgro ben at projectskyline.com
Wed Jun 10 13:29:46 EDT 2009

Hey,

Have you searched for exploits for this 3.7 version? Who knows, maybe
something is public and hasn't been patched yet. Also, I'd do a little
research
and see if someone is distributing some kinda vBulletin pwnage attack
suite or similar. If you can find something, dig through the source and
I'm sure you can
secure against such attacks.

I can't imagine there are tons' of 0days for this type of stuff sitting
around...its got to surface sooner or later.

Also, maybe you could log all SQL queries (if you feel its SQL
injection) - You'll quickly find the offending query. However, I find it
hard to believe that
any modern, up to date web application is not using binded queries. But
who knows. I have zero experience with vBulletin.

Another option would be to setup a honey pot with vBulletin on it.
You'll find the exploit with that, probably rather quickly, but this
does require a good amount of effort
if your new to honey pots.

Good luck - and let us know,

- Ben