[nycphp-talk] SEO & Php

Greg Rundlett (freephile) greg at freephile.com
Fri Jun 12 11:52:11 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Michele Waldman <mmwaldman at nyc.rr.com>wrote:

>  I know that web crawlers doen’t execute javascript when indexing
> webpages.
>

> Does the php get evaluated when indexing?  I’m thinking I does.

As a server-side scripting language, PHP is evaluated by the webserver (on
the server) in response to a URI request.  PHP code never makes it to any
client (if the server is configured properly.)  (Generated) HTML (and other
content types) are returned to the browser or automated user agent.  Some
automated user agents do interpret javascript.

~ Greg

--
Greg Rundlett
Web Developer - Initiative in Innovative Computing