[nycphp-talk] Connecting to an Oracle DB

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Thu Mar 26 02:28:03 EDT 2009

Néstor wrote:
> I am using php 5.2.5
> php_mysql.dll is loading and I can access my mysql databse with some
> of my php programs
> php_ldap.dll is loading
>
> Yes, I might have to download and install php 5.2.9 which is the latest
First download a copy of dependency walker from:
http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Make sure that you have a copy of of php_oci8.dll in the
ext directory (as defined in your php.ini)

Run dependency walker on the php_oci8.dll

Chances are that you will see an error about not being able to
open OCI.DLL

This means that your windows os cannot find the client connect software.

You should change your path to point to the client software --
or somehow get dependency walker to run clean.

The most probable cause of not being able to load the client
software is that no client is installed

Perhaps you should read
http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/php/pdf/underground-php-oracle-manual.pdf

"THE UNDERGROUND PHP
AND ORACLE® MANUAL
CHRISTOPHER"

A word of advice: don't let dll's resolve to your system directory
That is, erase php_oci8.dll from the system32 directory
 (and anywhere else you may  have thought it should go --
and use 'path' resolving instead)

--
T. Gales & Associates

'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com