[nycphp-talk] Connecting to an Oracle DB

Néstor rotsen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 12:05:37 EDT 2009

This is the error I am getting:
[Fri Mar 27 08:34:31 2009] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning:
 ocilogon() [<a href='function.ocilogon'>function.ocilogon</a>]:
OCIEnvNlsCreate() failed. There is something wrong with your system - please
check that PATH includes the directory with Oracle Instant Client libraries
in C:\\Program Files\\Apache
Group\\Apache2\\htdocs\\oracle_php\\adodb5\\drivers\\adodb-oci8.inc.php on
line 235 [Fri Mar 27 08:34:31 2009] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal
error:  Call to a member function FetchRow() on a non-object in C:\\Program
Files\\Apache Group\\Apache2\\htdocs\\oracle_php\\adodb.php on line 9

I have research it in the internet and you find a lot of messages about this
type of problem but there is not a real solution to the problem.  I have
tried everything I have read in this forum and others and nothing.
I will give up for now, but I will try something else in the future.

One of the threads I read mentions that the way to do it is to use the zend
php package that somehow that package has the correct compatability dlls.  I
will try that in the future but for the moment I need to concetrate on other
things.

Thanks all for your help.

:-)