[nycphp-talk] databases with PHP

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Wed May 6 20:13:24 EDT 2009

Jesse Callaway wrote:
> I think the idea is that MySQL had a decent business model and was
> doing quite well. If Oracle does decide to shitcan it, it's GPL'd
> anyway and will live on kinda like CentOS does.

Besides that MySQL forked already and while I do like and use MySQL, there is
still PostgreSQL (did I write that correctly, people always go bonkers when I
write it wrong) and plenty of other options. Unless one has MySQL specific
code (which would be a bad thing anyway) swapping out database engines should
be fairly easy. Nice thing is that PHP supports pretty much any database
engine out there.

David