[nycphp-talk] [0T] Verizon FIOS -- comments?

Michael Hernandez sequethin at gmail.com
Fri May 15 16:43:36 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-15 at 16:25 -0400, Ben Sgro wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Woah - I've never heard of such a thing. I've been using dydns for
> almost 4 years now, my IP rarely changes,
> and I've never had an interruption of service.
>
> Did they specifically say they canceled your account due to "lack of
> dynamicness" heh?
> Strange -
>
> - Ben

First they emailed to say "we've noticed your IP address hasn't changed
in a while". Then they emailed to say "sorry buddy, sign up for another
free account when your IP is more dynamic". Then a few days later, my IP
changed finally, and I was stuck.

Might just be a term of service for free accounts? Who knows? But at
least it gave me an excuse to learn about whatismyip.com's web
service :)

--Mike H