[nycphp-talk] [0T] Verizon FIOS -- comments?

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Wed May 20 12:07:36 EDT 2009

Was getting a ride from a guy who owned a communications services
company, and we discussed megabit services in Brooklyn. He mentioned
that Brooklyn was notorious for having totally substandard wiring
running down poles between all the houses and buildings, and that it
was a logistics nightmare for Verizon to manage making upgrades nearly
impossible - and the result is that pretty much nobody in the city can
get more than typical 1.5MBps DSL. Better chances for faster service
in Cambodia.

Add that I constantly lose my DSL link and Verizon has failed to
figure this out for A YEAR AND A HALF, the time is right.

I'm ordering a cable modem today. This pain must stop.

-- Mitch, trying not to get too worked up at the office