[nycphp-talk] IDE for PHP extension development?

Ben Sgro ben at projectskyline.com
Tue Nov 17 18:15:45 EST 2009

Hello Mitch,

Your writing your extension in c correct? So, XCode will work fine, and
you don't really have to trick it out
as it will provide you a variety of options for writing in C. Its
probably the best IDE you'll find next to Visual Studios
for doing C development (your on a Mac, so Xcode it is).

I use xcode almost every day for obj-c/c dev and I think its amazing -
GDB takes a little getting used to,
but your not going to get a much better toolset on Mac, especially for C
debugging.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are even Project Templates available
for PHP extension development using Xcode,
just to help you hit the ground running.

- Ben