[nycphp-talk] Drupal Framework / CMS Question

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 09:46:04 EDT 2009

Hey Webmaster,

I'm a Joomla founder so I should be as biased as they come. My only
complaint about Drupal is folks calling it a framework, which it is
not.

That aside, Drupal is experiencing huge growth and many developers are
taking advantage of it as their base platform for developing sites. A
strength is community sites, where Drupal's flexibility really shines.

I suspect this person you are referring to (the offending Tweeter, er,
Twit) is just a troll starting up another tired round of vi-vs-emacs,
linux-vs-osx, and so on... Drupal is great, and to be blunt, ALL
current frameworks, platforms and languages have reached a level of
maturity that you choose what fits the way you like to think, and like
to code.

-- Mitch