[nycphp-talk] Drupal Framework / CMS Question

Ajai Khattri ajai at bitblit.net
Mon Oct 12 00:54:11 EDT 2009

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009, Mitch Pirtle wrote:

> The Joomla project is actually splitting out the framework for
> separate distribution

"Is" meaning in the future but not right now?

> as many folks don't realize that the standard
> Joomla 1.5 download actually contains:
>
> * Joomla framework
> * Joomla installation app (uses framework)
> * Joomla front end app (uses framework)
> * Joomla back end app (uses framework)

Of course, it is the source of much confusion. Your 'insider' knowledge of
Joomla means its probably clear to you which parts are the framework and
which are not. Unfortunately its not clear to us. Is there a framework
site? Are there any definitive docs? Any tutorials? To *me*, the Jommla
docs have always been rather lacking.

--
Aj.