[nycphp-talk] talk Digest, Vol 36, Issue 14

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 12:45:43 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 11:36 AM, tedd <tedd at sperling.com> wrote:
> Plus, your client doesn't have to have any proof whatsoever to take you to
> court. To defend yourself can easily run $20k -- been there, done that!
>
> Brian -- talk to an attorney and not this list! You won't find much
> worthwhile help here.

++

All I can add of value is that I've learned from painful, recent
experience that a contract is not worth the paper it is written on
unless is has a value in the six-figure range, because it will need to
be that valuable before it is worth going to court over.

Court fights can take YEARS, and will easily exceed the value of the
contract you're fighting over.

I didn't learn this until after I had consulted with an attorney, and
that was right before going to court.

-- Mitch