[nycphp-talk] Need help understanding NULL

Fee, Patrick J (US SSA) patrick.fee at baesystems.com
Fri Sep 4 12:26:54 EDT 2009

As a Lifetime Baseball fan (married over home plate back in 2000), career-long web-programmer (I remember when NYPHP was first getting started), and long time stalker of this list, I second Kristina's "Love It".

As programmers, we spend a lot of time using metaphors to explain what we are doing in a way easily understood by others. I've even explained the ins-and-outs of MX records by using a "delivery to an upscale apartment building" metaphor.  But the baseball metaphor and Tao reference are best I've seen in a while... both for their simplicity and universal (at least in North America) appeal.

And to think that I overlooked the original posting.  Thanks Kristina.
Thanks for making my Friday interesting.

Patrick J. Fee
Manager, Systems Engineering Services
BAE Systems Technology Solutions & Services
Cel: (240) 401-6820
Fax: (301) 231-2635
Patrick.Fee at BAESystems.com