[nycphp-talk] Database, table, and column naming schemes

Kristina D. H. Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Sun Sep 13 20:40:45 EDT 2009

You could have a table account_type which has primary key
account_type_id, and a table account which has primary key account_id
and then a lookup field in account which holds the relevant
account_type_id...

That way in table customer you just need a lookup field on account_id
because there is already a relationship in place to find the type of
account based on that value...I think that's what Tedd just said in
essence as well.

Although this structure is certainly presupposing that each customer
has only one account.

Kristina