[nycphp-talk] Database, table, and column naming schemes

lists at nopersonal.info lists at nopersonal.info
Tue Sep 15 15:13:25 EDT 2009

Hans Zaunere wrote:
>> Here's my input on this same topic from a couple weeks ago on this
>> list:
>> http://lists.nyphp.org/pipermail/talk/2009-August/028910.html
>
> Wow, seems like we've got a new PHundamentals article already in the works
> :)

No kidding! I'm just now catching up with the lists after spending the
better part of last weekend wrestling with a bunch of tables in exactly
this type of situation, so it's really fresh in my mind.

Both Kristina's & Daniel's advice on field names in the previous thread
made perfect sense once I got my tables properly normalized and needed
to join data from columns in each of them in order to display a "master"
(HTML) table of items.

Bev