[nycphp-talk] does Dreamhost suck?

David Mintz vtbludgeon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 10:23:20 EDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Edward Potter <edwardpotter at gmail.com>wrote:

> maybe something here:
> A Simple Shell Script to Create a Custom php.ini on Dreamhost’s Shared Host
> http://www.foryourlungsonly.net/2009/07/28/a-simple-shell-script-to-create-a-custom-php-ini-on-dreamhosts-shared-host/

That looks familiar -- I've seen it. It does essentially the same thing the
manual instructions do.

> If you have a serious site, you need to get a dedicated server.  I think
> the issue with dreamhost, is no live support.  I think that's a MAJOR
> problem.  I'm surprised a company that brings in millions of dollars a month
> has not tackled that.

@everyone else, thanks for the suggestions. Vserver indeed! really not all
that much more expensive than shared, is it. And linode.com looks like so
much fun, my mouth waters! (b/c my experience is limited to shared hosting
and a managing couple of in-house (internal) LAMP servers at work, and this
looks like the Real World)

Dreamhost got back to be and essentially said, FY, albeit politely.

--
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

The subtle source is clear and bright
The tributary streams flow through the darkness