[nycphp-talk] does Dreamhost suck?

Ajai Khattri ajai at bitblit.net
Mon Sep 21 12:32:36 EDT 2009

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009, David Mintz wrote:

> @everyone else, thanks for the suggestions. Vserver indeed! really not all
> that much more expensive than shared, is it. And linode.com looks like so
> much fun, my mouth waters!

Awhile ago I compared some of the vserver hosting providers and linode.com
comes out on top (max bang for buck).

You can also build clusters with added private IPs - nodes can be in the
same data center or you can ask to have them spun up in another of their
data centers (currently, I think its CA, TX and NJ). Traffic between nodes
using private IPs in the same data center doesn't count towards your
(pretty generous) monthly bandwidth allowance.

--
Aj.