[nycphp-talk] Deploying PHP Applications

Jeremy Hise jhise at ledcity.net
Thu Apr 29 13:28:25 EDT 2010

Hiya,

So I've recently been put in charge of a tech department at my company.
One issue that we are trying to get a handle on is a good way to get our
PHP applications from a development/staging environment to a production
server. The production servers are accessible via ssh/ftp/etc. One quick
thought would be to install a subversion client on the server and have
that export the application to a spot where a build script could then set
it up. However, is there a "best-practices" way of doing this?

Thanks!

jeremy