[nycphp-talk] Deploying PHP Applications

Jason Salsiccia jason.salsiccia at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 13:35:37 EDT 2010

Here's how I to do it.

As you said, have a subversion client installed on the server running your
web host.   If your doc root is /var/www/html,  have html be a symlink to
current code.

/var/www/html -> /var/www/tag_XXXX

The build script checks out the new tag to the doc root in directory
/var/www/tag_newtagname.   The last thing the build script does is switch
the html symlink from the old tag to the new tag to make the deployment
live.

Jason