[nycphp-talk] PHP IDE, Hudson, Netbeans

Paul A Houle paul at devonianfarm.com
Mon Feb 8 11:51:58 EST 2010

Chris Snyder wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Gary Mort <garyamort at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> 1) Anyone else using netbeans and if so, what do you think?  Especially if
>> your also using hudson and integrating the whole thing.

    I've yet to see a good IDE for PHP.  I hate to say it,  but the
editing tool I like the best these days is Dreamweaver,  particularly
because it has an edit-over-sftp mode that ~actually works~ unlike many
of the open source editors I've tried.

    These days I'm looking at a big codebase that has inconsistency in
tabbing & spacing...  Is there a PHP pretty-printer out there that's
good for cleaning up source code (rather than outputting HTML?)