[nycphp-talk] PHP IDE, Hudson, Netbeans

Brian O'Connor gatzby3jr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 13:02:47 EST 2010

While I don't do a ton of PHP these days, for all my editing I just use
gEdit.  I find a lot of the IDE's fall into the category of 80/20, but the
80% they solve isn't the 80% I need.

I tried Eclipse a month or so ago and it was brutally slow, and that was on
a machine with 6gb of ram and a decent processor.

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Gary Mort <garyamort at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Chris Snyder <chsnyder at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Gary Mort <garyamort at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > 1) Anyone else using netbeans and if so, what do you think?  Especially
>> if
>> > your also using hudson and integrating the whole thing.
>>
>> I share the Eclipse loathing. I'm creaking along with Zend Studio 5.5
>> (which I wish they would just open source, hello Zend?) since it just
>> works for me.
>>
>> I tried NetBeans last year. It was close, very close. You could see it
>> getting more polished by the week. I finally had to drop it because I
>> was missing a way to manually associate a variable with a particular
>> class. Last I heard, there were considering adding the /* @var $foo
>> myFoo */ syntax used in Studio, so I might go back.
>>

> I believe this has been implemented in the current version, but while I've
> installed it and poked it a few times, I keep going back to Komodo Edit
> because it works for me and I lack the time to learn a new tool this week.

Brian O'Connor