[nycphp-talk] PHP IDE, Hudson, Netbeans

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Mon Feb 8 19:06:13 EST 2010

On 2/8/2010 11:24 AM, Chris Snyder wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Gary Mort<garyamort at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> 1) Anyone else using netbeans and if so, what do you think?  Especially if
>> your also using hudson and integrating the whole thing.
>
> I share the Eclipse loathing. I'm creaking along with Zend Studio 5.5
> (which I wish they would just open source, hello Zend?) since it just
> works for me.

I don't like Ecplipse either. It is probably a nice IDE for Java, but it is
blatantly obvious that it was designed without PHP in mind. I spent some money
for NuSphere's PHPEd and it works ver well for the little bit that I do. I
bought it mainly for the excellent debugger implementation, no need to have it
break on each script file.
If it has to be a freebie I found that Waterproof's PHPEdit is the best.

David