[nycphp-talk] IIS 7, trigger_error, and Large File Uploads

Justin Dearing zippy1981 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 09:05:33 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 7:17 AM, David Krings <ramons at gmx.net> wrote:

> Just being curious and sorry for digressing, but which requirements would
>> that be? Running commodity tasks on the most expensive server OS with the
>> worst web server available?
>

> With an attitude like that, businesses must be busting down your door
begging you to migrate them from ASP.NET on IIS to PHP.

This is 2010, and windows doesn't suck like it used to. Yes I'll there is no
"I will do all the work myself because I have no cash and plenty of time"
option for windows, so you're paying $469 for your server OS minimum (
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/pricing.aspx). However,
unless you are a one man shop running one server and one workstation, you
probably have some sort of Technet subscription, or the equivalent for your
OS.

Justin