[nycphp-talk] IIS a dysfunctional kludge?

Greg Rundlett (freephile) greg at freephile.com
Thu Jan 14 20:57:36 EST 2010

/me resisting all impulses to call IIS names...

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Néstor <rotsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe that  something like 60% of the market uses Apache, that is why I
> go with apache

Actually it's 54%, but who's counting ;-) [1]  Still, that's twice the
nearest competitor and so you're logic (go with the leader) stands.
A patchy server [2] still leads the pack.

I'm a proponent for freedom in technology, and so I'd always favor
Linux / Apache and freedom software where choice is possible.
Interestingly, the Netcraft survey shows nginx [3] gaining popularity.
 nginx and "lighty" certainly have been gaining popularity from where
I stand.

[1] http://news.netcraft.com/archives/web_server_survey.html These are
only statistics.
[2] http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/news/2000/02/34302