[nycphp-talk] Microsoft won’t tell Zend how to build PHP on Windows

Justin Dearing zippy1981 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 17:12:47 EST 2010

Hey,

It seems from the recent IIS thread that I am not the only one running PHP
on windows on this list. Well I've recently been told by a PHP core
developer that Microsoft does not approve of their attempted updates to the
PHP documentation for building it on Windows.

I wrote the details about it on my blog:

http://www.justaprogrammer.net/2010/01/17/microsoft-wont-tell-zend-how-to-build-php/

Microsoft has spent a lot of effort recently making PHP play nice on
Windows, including releasing a new caching module for windows so I'm a
little surprised they can't update the readme file for PHP.

Anyway, I am looking for suggestions on how to get the readme file updated
in a way that Microsoft will not request Zend revert.

Regards,

Justin Dearing