[nycphp-talk] Inspiration for projects.

Anthony Wlodarski ant92083 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 14:09:32 EST 2010

Well I got bored and built Ubuntu/Deb packages for MongoDB as I am exploring
it more with PHP.  I have the 32/64 bit versions hosted on my site at:
http://anthonyw.net/mongodb-deb-package.  It was quite interesting learning
dpkg.  Also if you encounter any errors during install please let me know as
I was quite shocked that Ubuntu didn't have any packages in their repos yet.

-Anthony

P.S. direct links:
*http://hash.anthonyw.net/mongodb/mongodb_1.3.1_i386.deb
http://hash.anthonyw.net/mongodb/mongodb_1.3.1_amd64.deb
*
On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Paul A Houle <paul at devonianfarm.com> wrote:

> Gary Mort wrote:
>
>> Here are my backburner ideas:
>>
>> A jobs seeker's database to store leads[think organizing all those
>> craigslist, monster, etc job postings], track followups and rate quotes, and
>> also rate jobs search companies[there are some recruiters that never follow
>> up with you.....others that work in the same company but don't communicate
>> so you get 3 or 4 contacts from the same company when the jobs are under
>> your rate, and others who follow up initially and then don't let you know
>> your over/under qualified, your rate is too high, or whatnot...basically
>> leave you hanging].
>>
>   I want a "CRM" system that's fundamentally organized around social media
> and the web.  I think a modern job search is centered pretty much around
> online job listings,   LinkedIn,  people you meet on twitter,  or who send
> you an email;  that's true if you're looking for an FT gig or if you're
> looking for contract work.  And I suspect that that's true for more and more
> of the hustling that other kinds of salespeople are doing too.

Anthony W.
ant92083 at gmail.com