[nycphp-talk] Help Recovering from a Server Crash

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Wed Jul 7 10:14:12 EDT 2010

> I do have a backup of the original log files from the original server.
> When the InnoDB tables weren't working, I took the old ibdata1 file
> and uploaded it to the new server. That fixed a portion of the
> problem, but not everything.

Things are being done too inconsistently.  If you want to download the
files via sftp, login to mysql first and lock all tables as mentioned in
the previous email.  You'll want to download everything, including the
innodb transaction logs, innodb data files (ibdata* if using default
naming), and the actual database directories.

The ideal solution would be to take a mysqldump.  You can actually do that
through phpmyadmin.

If binary logging is enabled, you don't need to download those.

-Matt