[nycphp-talk] SPROCs in the MySQL/PostgreSQL + PHP crowd

Jerry B. Altzman jbaltz at altzman.com
Wed Nov 10 15:31:38 EST 2010

Hi all,

Just a question for those of you out there dealing with the F/OSS
RDBMS's out there:

How many of you are using stored procedures (SPROCs) with any great
regularity?

I know that in the commercial database world use of stored procedures is
The Way Things Are Pretty Much Done, but I've not seen it in my brief
forays through the bulk of PHP code I've examined (and needless to say,
written). Am I just out of it? Is it just not considered usual practice,
or am I blind?

In this I'm also including triggers and other stored functions, but not
parametrized queries (they're something different yet).

I'll be happy to summarize (and anonymize) to the list.

Thanks!

//jbaltz
--
jerry b. altzman        jbaltz at altzman.com     www.jbaltz.com
thank you for contributing to the heat death of the universe.