[nycphp-talk] Amazon's new Free Tier

Paul A Houle paul at devonianfarm.com
Tue Nov 16 14:42:27 EST 2010

  On 11/16/2010 1:58 PM, Gary Mort wrote:
> FYI, as a birthday gift to me[my birthday was October 20th and they
> announced it on the 21st, clearly geared towards me!], Amazon has
> introduced a new "free" pricing tier.
>
> http://aws.amazon.com/free/

     I'm mad because I've got an existing AWS account (I use S3 and
Mturk heavily) and I don't get the free offer.  Still,  I'm thinking of
moving my infrastructure to AWS.  For a long time I've had one big
server that I put everything on but lately I've had a mysql database get
huge,  I'm having problems w/ memory pressure and on top of that from
time to time I run massive batch jobs that hose my websites.  The
ability to easily provision a cluster of machines on AWS looks awesome
and I'm going to do development for next mini-project on them.