[nycphp-talk] MySQL slow query log/general mysql log

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Tue Sep 7 14:29:53 EDT 2010

Our setups are puppetized.  There is a standard directory for MySQL log
information.  As we don't want to allow sudo for users just to see the
file, I'd rather make it globally readable.  Adding users to a group would
be less trivial, as most of our user groups are managed by LDAP, while the
mysql group is an actual systems group in /etc/group, which I don't want
to manage manually.

So really, the group option is out - the only options I see are setting
global read on the file, or adding the users that need to access it to
sudo.

I'm not too worried about the file being accessed by other means - the
server is a dedicated MySQL box.

Thanks,

Matt