[nycphp-talk] Pricing a PHP product

Anthony Papillion papillion at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 15:55:57 EDT 2011

So since the topic of what to charge per hour seems to be being
vigoriously discussed, I thought I'd throw something out there that's
bugged me for a while.

How to price a PHP product.

I'm starting my third PHP product (an appointment reminder for a
software system I wrote) and I'm having a lot of problems coming up
with a price. I don't want to set it too low, like I seem to have done
with my rates, but I don't want to over price it either.

The system is straight PHP, JavaScript, JQuery, and HTML, so it's not
anything terribly complex but it does provider a nice extension to the
existing software.

What is the best way to price such software?

Thanks!
Anthony

--
Sent from my mobile device

Anthony Papillion
Lead Developer / Owner
Get real about your software/web development and IT Services
(918) 919-4624

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cajuntechie
My Blog:   http://www.cajuntechie.com