[nycphp-talk] How much is a site redesign worth?

Kristina Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Sat Apr 2 14:50:43 EDT 2011

The higher the bill rate, the less hours you can bill, the less clients
you will have, and the harder you will work for that same amount.  You
will spend more than 1/2 of your time on marketing because you will be
competing for a bite of a very small pie.

My phone is ringing off the hook and I can pick & choose what I want to
work on.  So for me, and for my clients, this rate works.  I know if
they could afford to pay me $3,000 a week instead of $2,000, they
would.  But they really cannot afford it in most cases.  I deal with the
small biz market primarily.

And again, the tax burden on a W2 employee is MUCH GREATER since you
cannot deduct transportation, meals, office space, utilities, etc etc etc.
You pay taxes on the entirety of what you make.
As a self employed person, after all legal deductions are figured and
accounted for, the tax burden is truly negligible if you know your tax
rules.  AND I can take a month off whenever I choose!  Can't beat that.

Kristina