[nycphp-talk] Rate limiters for sign ups for a site.

Rukbat rukbatsramblings at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 10:16:47 EDT 2011

Are you expecting a dozen people from the same company to try to sign up
all at once?  If it's from your own company, either take it off the
limit (exit the function if the IP is your company's) or set the site up
so it can see the internal IPs of those users and don't limit internal IPs.

I don't limit internal IPs, but external ones either need to use a
CAPTCHA or the rate is limited, depending on the site.