[nycphp-talk] Desktop timed notice

Gary A Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 13:37:03 EST 2011

There are soooo many ways to do this, it all depends on what mediums
your users use already.

Send them an email with a link at a specific time via:
Email
Instant Message[skype, aim, gtalk, yahoo, etc]
Tweet it and have them follow the twitter feed
Setup a website with desktop notifications enabled and have them keep
that page open.
http://technews.am/conversations/ajaxian/desktop_notifications_with_webkit

If your users are predominantly Mac users, Growl is pretty cool
http://growl.info/ and there is a windows, iphone, and android app for
it as well