[nycphp-talk] Desktop timed notice

M Kaufman (Gmail) mkfmncom at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 17:46:53 EST 2011

XMPP is the best way with the server running a prosody or ejabberd server.

Do not use Twitter or Email nor rely on Webkit or any other proprietary networked solution outside of your control.

You can use Zenity or XMPP to alert the desktop.

XMPP is the preferred protocol since you are alerting users at their presence and availability.

I provide consulting on these topics on retainer and can implement customized solutions at hardware, network, server, client machine and web Integrations to your existing or new setup at 1-703-881-6906, on or off site in the US

Matthew Kaufman.

Sent from my iPhone