[nycphp-talk] ot: rackspace cloud / slicehost

anoland anoland at indigente.net
Sat Feb 12 12:02:17 EST 2011

On 02/09/2011 04:25 PM, Matt Juszczak wrote:
> Remember that Rackspace is Slicehost on steroids.  Same underlying
> technology.
>
> -Matt
More than that... same company.

http://www.slicehost.com/articles/2008/10/22/big-news-today

I've had slicehost for over 2 years. I'm happy with them. Even before
the acquisition, they had rackspace-like levels of customer support. It
was a natural fit.

  The only beef I have is that their pricing is a little stale. I can
find the same specs cheaper on other providers. One notable one I am
trying right now is chunkhost.com; $18 cheaper than slicehost for 512MB
VPS. I've only had a week with them so I haven't had any support issues yet.

Free beta till March 9th.

Sign up referral link: http://chunkhost.com/r/nyphp-talk