[nycphp-talk] Book recommendation for JS/AJAX?

Anthony Wlodarski anthony at tinkertownlabs.com
Thu Jul 7 11:30:17 EDT 2011

JavaScript The Definitive Guide:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=JavaScript+The+Definitive+Guide

This is the only book I would trust.  It covers jQuery as well in the
later chapters (6th edition only).  On top of that it is an excellent
resource to read if you are delving into Node.js and want to learn more
about closures, callback functions, and real inner workings of EMCA
script and how it applies to client side as well as server programming.

-Anthony

On 07/07/2011 10:39 AM, Aaron Fischer wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I'd like to spruce up my html/php pages with more dynamic elements and
> JS/AJAX/JQUERY/JSON type stuff.  My stuff has been mostly html and php
> to date, only played with javascript a little.  However, I see value
> in adding more dynamic elements to my pages (showing/hiding div
> content, calls to php from the page without reloading, etc.).
> I'm looking for a book that will cover the basics and get me up and
> running, but also has room to grow and get into more
> intermediate/advanced stuff.
> Any thoughts or recommendations would be most appreciated.
> -Aaron

Anthony Wlodarski
Lead Software Engineer
Get2Know.me (http://www.get2know.me)