[nycphp-talk] The user table

Paul A Houle paul at devonianfarm.com
Mon Mar 7 14:28:45 EST 2011

  On 3/6/2011 10:26 PM, Matt Juszczak wrote:

> Yes, but most nosql databases aren't designed for durability or
> reliable persistence.  Remember -- one can always use MySQL as a
> "noSQL" DB by simply de-normalizing, or applying the "schemaless" patch.
     I've had a serious eye on mongodb,  but I'd say that schemaless
operation has its advantages and disadvantages.  Proper organization of
data in a schema can improve performance by a factor of 100 or so vs
something that's disorganized.  Even if I did use mongodb for the use
I'm considering it for,  I'd be adding a layer that imposes some
structure on top of it.