[nycphp-talk] <textarea><?=$variable2?></textarea>

Donald Organ dorgan at donaldorgan.com
Mon Nov 7 07:10:42 EST 2011

Your missing quotes around your values and what are you using a closing
input tag?

On Sunday, November 6, 2011, tuon1 at netzero.net <tuon1 at netzero.net> wrote:
> Hi, Guys!
> I just realized that after sent my post, I made a mistake in my code. I
just woke up and rushed to the computer and start typing half-asleep and
ran off to work in a matter of 3 minutes. So the code to populate in
the boxes should have been:

> <?php
> $variable1 = 'John Doe';
> $variable2 = 'The sun is shining ..................blah blah blah';
> echo "<input size=25 name=example1 value=<?=$variable1?></input>";
> echo "<textarea name=example2 value=<?=$variable2?>  rows=10
cols=50></textarea>";
> ?>
>
> Some reason only example1 input box gets populated and exampl2 showed
nothing.
> Any idea?
> Thanks
> Paul Tuon
>
>>Hi, Guys!
>
>>This maybe a simple solution that I overlooked. I can't seem to get my
variables to populate in >text areas with <textarea> tags. Input boxes
(<input>) work just fine, but for some reason ><textarea> boxes won't
populate any content at all.
>>Is there something else I have to do to get <textarea> to accept content
or populate content?
>>As far as I know, it shouldn't be any different than <input> boxes in
term of populating >content, for example, here is the code to populate the
two types of boxes:
>><?php
>>echo "<input><?=$variable1?></input>";
>>echo "<textarea><?=$variable2?></textarea>";
>>?>
>>As I said, the input boxes work just fine, but the text area boxes didn't
work and came up >blank text area with no content at all.