[nycphp-talk] Current PHP developer rates

Rob Marscher rmarscher at beaffinitive.com
Thu Nov 17 14:51:37 EST 2011

On Nov 17, 2011, at 2:43 PM, Ronald Bradford wrote:
> Could people give me a sense of the per hour rate for an experienced developer these days in New York.

About $80/hr is the rate I've seen (and paid) to well experienced developers.  We had a pretty lengthy conversation here about it a few months ago which made it seem like you might be able to find experienced developers charging as low as $40-50/hr.

However, I usually like to work with flat rates -- given the project spec and scope, come up with a rate for the whole project.  Because really… the amount of work that can be done in an hour depends on who's doing it.  I.e. I could charge $40/hr but take 3 times as long as the person charging $80/hr.

-Rob